I turned 30 this week and I’m celebrating by sharing tips and tricks in batches of 30.
I’m turning 30 next week and I’m spending alllll week this week CELEBRATING WITH YOU..
Today, I’m telling you 30 Fun Facts About Web Design
1. A goldfish has a longer attention span than the average website visitor.
2. The average user likes to see more white, or empty, space than text + images. The brain needs time to process your content.
3. Too much text on your website is counter-productive. People love lists they can skim.
4. Two-thirds of internet browsers are viewing sites from their phone.
5. A blog, articles or resources section is a great way to increase organic traffic.
6. Many hosting providers offer a free SSL (security certificate) with your hosting package.
7. An easy navigation menu is a staple on any good site. Confusing navigation causes visitors to leave.
8. 73% of website visitors are heavily influenced by video content on your site.
9. 44% of internet users say they’ll leave a website that lacks company contact info.
10. Your website design affects your credibility in the eyes of consumers.
11. 455,000,000 websites are built on the open-source WordPress platform.
12. The average user trusts testimonials as much as they trust a personal recommendation.
13. Almost half of all users expect a website to load in 2 seconds or less.
14. You should compress all images that will be used on your site so they don’t slow your site down.
15. Professional branding makes all the difference when investing in a website.
16. Unsplash.com offers free stock photos for all your content needs.
17. On average users read only 20% of the copy on your website.
18. Users are drawn to facts within content. Use a few numbers to draw in their attention.
19. It takes less than 1/10th of a second for a visitor to form an opinion of your site.
20. You have an average of six seconds to catch a visitor’s attention on your website?
21. 57% of users say they won’t recommend company with a website that has poor mobile usability
22. Bad user experience is the most significant weakness of websites in general.
23. Users spend an average of six seconds reading content on a website.
24. 66% of people would rather read something beautifully designed than something simple.
25. Modern design creates positive first impressions.
26. 40% of visitors will visit a competitor’s site if they have trouble accessing yours.
27. Websites convert more often on smartphones than desktops.
28. Elementor allows you to create a website that’s 100% compatible with mobile devices.
29. 86% of visitors want to learn about your products or services on your homepage.
30. Cohesive branding improves website recognition by 80%
Web design fact #31: if you’re a badass, tenacious as fck entrepreneur, I’m the girl who should design your new website.